Sunday, February 15, 2009

the stirrup tights and "Hilde"


Let's recap the day so far; slept in. woke at 8am. am meant to be out front waiting for Danie at 8am. Called boss, explained lateness blah blah, got to work, did a little.. frantically discovered "someone" wasn't coming over tonight as planned, mah, sooked but then got over- and I mean REALLY got over which is good. I then spent 3-5pm covering reception (YAWNNNNN) went to safeway, bought cupcakes, went home, cooked heart shaped pasta and chicken and am now bloggin'. Dig?
So when I dressed this morning I wanted to go with this russian-esque luxe boho. Kinda. If it was winter (or just less than 30 degrees) I would have donned maybe my fur vest. if I knew right now where it was, lol. Soo this is my black boho esque dress- it is from Big W and is a size 16- yes shocking I know. Has yellow brown and a little spash of red on it.. kinda boho-ey patterns. Has really nice fluttery sleeves too. I wore it with my new black crossroads stirup tights. They are stirrups right.. but they are stretchy and sheer like opaques.. and let me tell YOU, you TOTALLY need to wear undies over them! Like bloomers or something. I was hiking them up allll day. When I got home.. they were like under my butt. Shameful. They are a great otherwise! Love 'em!

Today was a debut as well.. of this new bag.
This bag, whom I shall affectionately call Hilde, was purchased on our honeymoon, at a little op shop in Bellingen, NSW. She is very satchel-like and has a long casual strap that allows the bag to sit at mid hip. I sort of left her on my chest of drawers under some stuff + forgot her! How rude! Anyway, today was her debut and MIGHT I SAY THAT I LOOOVE HER. many happy clothes moment for Hilde and myself to come!
Also in the shot with Hilde are the flowers my husband bought me for V-Day and also my table runner which i love love love. My MIL gave it to me, she found an obi at all op shop, modified and hemmed it and gave it to me and I use it as a table runner. I looove the colours.

"Hilde"


boho-luxe mini dress- big w
stirrup tights- crossroads
gold thongs- kmart
brown belt- city chic



No comments: