Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ode to Forever New summer 2008

My little ensemble today is a nod to 2008 Forever New "faded denim/tan" look.
I am really diggin it actually. Love the light denim with the neatral contrasts. This is my $5 denim dress from savers. I may wear it in autumn/winter with a striped tee underneath.

So.. today is the day I am going to attempt to get my life back on track. Lol. I am so super dramatic, you love it. Soo.. here is my to do/to concentrate on list;
  • ignore/remove toxiness
  • be yourself
  • start dieting again. you have kicked smoking, well done, now need to cut out the chocolate
  • see more of the people who are good for you
  • learn how to seperate the bad people from the good people- remember the saying, "Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you've attached to something not good for you" Sooo.. if something feels wrong or is stressing me, give it the boot. Sometimes something feels great at the time but you KNOW you are going to feel like shit longer than you feel good. Such as... chocolate, getting shit faced, sex with people you shouldn't, flirtations with people you shouldn't, getting drunk and calling your ex/boss/your bestfriends boyfriend, spending LOTS of money on SHIT, snapping at people, peaking before thinking.. blah blah blah. I think the general philosophy is to STOP before doing things. And THINK of HOW what you are ABOUT to do is going to make you feel LATER! And how other people are going to feel!

Not that the whole above applies to me. I do some of those things but lol (getting shit faced) and then sometimes that leads to other things (flirtations with people you shouldn't) and then that makes me feel like crap later. So, I am going to "fix" myself lol.

I feel really good now, and I like what I am wearing. Lol.

I am going to see Kelly friday night at her birthday drinks and Cass on saturday for coffee and then maybe Nat sunday for a movie. Good non toxic peeps. I'm happy and excited. And that is me being me. I am a naturally crazy happy person and its time I left the things that were stressing me and pissing me off behind me and paid homage to the crazy happy person I am.



Faded denim shift dress- Thrifted, Savers ($5!)
Brown Belt- CC
Oatmeal cardi (as usual lol)- Thrifted
Snakeskin sandals- Target
Hilde the bag- Thrifted

Sans Jacket



1 comment:

Deborah-lee said...

This is a lovely dress and you look wonderful in it! Really suits your skin and hair colouring (and it's also my favourite shade of blue!)

I love the cardi you've been wearing too. I have been looking for cardis without much luck. I can't wait for cooler weather.