Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Inspirational (sounds like a bad Mariah Carey song)

Umm.. was I uninspired yesterday? Today I am BRIMMING!! So this is what I am thinking of autumn/winter..
90's 90's 90's- 90's floral grunge, black lace, black floral, ankle boots, tuxedo jackets, 90's tartan (this is the only tartan I am doing.. the way it was reinvented in the 90's from the 50's NOT direct from the 50's. I am so so soo over rockabilly)
90's Drew Barrymore. The delightful Ms B in the Guess campaigne in particular. Or Boys on the side. tatts, pale skin, white blonde tousled do, red cupids bow lips, denim vests, black black black
90's ripped denim/denim vest/white top Jon Bon Jovi "Miracle" video clip-esque
Preppy layers- ie my new denim shift, black and gold cropped cardi worn under as a top, stirrups and brown ankle boots. Oh and brown waist belt.
a tartan mini aka Liv Tyler, empire records
docs (goes without saying)
This all invokes memories for me of having long blonde hair, fake love heart with arrows tattoos, black lace, denim, docs, April 1994, my grandmothers 70th.... I like it. The look is a little E-Street Melissa Tkautz Kym Wilson Toni Pearon cum Drew B Guess cum floral grunge cum trashy kinderwhore cum preppy ish. hahah. I know what I mean!
Popped past Savers tonight. Ahh, Savers. I spent under $20 and got a camel+black striped long clingy tee (was from tempt so was probably meant to be a dress haha) a purple long tee with cap sleeves and cute little pockets. Oh and some dubious awesome pants. Awesome because they are harem-ey and have a gold faux belt thingy. Dubious because they are cropped as on me and I dont think they are meant to be. Oh and they are not really loose loose, more slightly baggy at waist and thighs and then taper in. They will do. I will know their true fashion potential even if the kinda look like 3/4 slightly baggy-ish leggings. Meh.
What do I WANT I MEAN NEED so far this season?
The black shiny tuxedo jacket in Crossroads- must layby
flat brown fringed ankle boots. just coz.
black floral everything
something black lace
something fur. sorry.. real fur. hello savers.
leopard print or tartan pants. somehow
a checked skirt.
a kinderwhore dress
a knit kinderwhore dress
a cute hat
more stirups
lace gloves
heeled maryjanes
And since I am so budgety, most of this must be thrifted. Possibly excepting the boots and tuxedo jacket.
what will I be re-using?
all my vests
all my floral
all my summer dresses with skivvies or long sleeves under
what MUST get worn soon or ELSE
my blue denim shirt dress
my new denim shift. layered
my black floral mini dress
my vests
Checkit- my inspirations..

I just like.


I love this top. I want it. Black floral. Mmm..

I love this pic.. I love the way the whole thing looks and I want those pants. I had a pair of satin 3/4 leopard pants when I was 12. I want them back.


Ultimate 90's bombshell Nikki Spencer aka Melissa Tkautz



kate kate I WANT your pants. So UN rockabilly. Love it





LOVE this





LOVE LOVE these 90's ads





So hawt Ms B









The skin, the touch, the tatt, the lips, the nails. I want it all. Just not the skinny arse brows lol









2 comments:

Pauline said...

Love your blog and as a big girl that's new to Australia it's really inspirational.

But having said that, pleeeeease do not write long texts like this in centred style. It's really hard to read and I have to struggle to get thru the text. Much easier on the eye if you have the text normal. :)

Again: very inspirational!

Danielle said...

Thanks pauline, will do my txt normal he he..
and thanks for compliements xx