Saturday, February 14, 2009

The great op shop day

maxi- target
mint knit shrug- best + less (a thousand years ago)
black belt- autograph
wavy frizz hair, no extensions- all me :-)
It's Sunday morning. 7:51am. at 8:30am I have to leave to go and work in the shop with Chris and serve people food until 5pm. Yuck. I did it last night 5-9pm and nearly died. Now today its double that time. I am so greatful for my mon-fri cushy sit down job. My back hurts.


HOWEVER.. before I worked yesterday I dragged ABL to frankston, to Savers. I just KNEW (gut feeling) there would be goodies there and boy was I right! I got..


  • black textured leggings/pants

  • black hi waist jacqui e skirt

  • black + silver striped short sleeved hoodie

  • camel coloured knit hooded pullover

  • cropped black cardi- so 90's and clueless-ey

  • black floral patterned long sleeved zip up old lady dress

  • black floppy hat with leopard print edging- very blossom meets Dionne from Clueless

  • brown structured ladylike handbag

  • black handbag on long strap

  • 5 Sweet Valley books- Uni/Senior year


I also then popped into City Chic. They had some OK goodies actually! I ended up with- get this- charcoal checked leggings! OMG so happy! Popped past Crossroads and picked up a $5 yellow scarf. The colour is really nice! Happy shopping day, can't wait to actually be home so I can try on all my loot!


4 comments:

Deborah-lee said...

Hope your "info" on Friday was what you were hoping for?

I love that dress, I haven't been to Target for ages and I must get there cause that's really a cute outfit.

Wish we had a savers here. We have a Vinny's but anything plus size looks like the things I sent them!! Or things I wore in the 80's and don't want to wear again!

Pauline said...

Oh, thanks for the non-centred text, love your blog even more now! ;)

Another thing I love is your maxidress. Target has turned into my favourite store since I moved to Brisbane from Sweden, but was I surprised to see winter collection there when I walked in the other day. Big coats and heaps of knitted stuff. For a Swede it feels so weird that anyone would dream of putting on a knitted cardigan here, even in your "winter" it's not as cold as our summer is back home, haha!

Carrie Does Things said...

I love your maxi dress. I always wanted one of them, but I never get any. It's still on my wishlist... You look fabulous. ;*

Danielle said...

Hi Deborah, yeah the news was good but its like a chain reaction.. i need more good news to follow, lol.
I love this dress too.. I picked it up on sale at the boxing day sales. And yes, Savers rocks my fashion obsessed world! It's like a Big W for vintage clothes!
I STILL haven't found my black lace gloves but!

Pauline- he he.. thanks xx and yes it is hard. I SOOO want to wear my wintery stuff but it is 30 degrees today! So frustrating!

Murderous- finding a maxi that is the "right" maxi is soo hard. I have been looking for 2 years! I am so happy I found this baby and I will wear it for the next few seasons I think, easy! Good Luck