Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We love a sunburnt country.. we got no choice

same cardi i always wear- thrifted
same black top i always wear- millers
same black leggings i always wear- big w
gladiators I have worn every day since purchase last thursday- target
same brown belt i always wear- cc
hilde.. same bag
champagne and brown silk scarf tucked into my belt (ooh something new perhaps?)- belonged to my mutti xx
shitty unmanicured garden
burnt australian summer grass :(

Note- I am not going to talk about the events of today because talk will do nothing except force me to rehash. I will instead repress and talk incessantly about other things. Mmm K?

So today we went to ballarat. I had the day off.
And fark me, we do live in a sunburnt country! Check out these pics of dryness! Starting with my front lawn! This summer has seriously been HELL and friday we are set for another scorching heat wave. Yaarrkkk..


Somewhere on the way to ballarat.. umm ring road? western hwy? near melton perhaps?
Afterwards I did a little shoppin' in 'rat. I went to the local Big W coz I like to see if things are the same. I love to compare shops like Big W, kmart etc. lol. It wasn't the same. it had my skinnies! All my local Big W's haven't got the skinnies in yet and mum and I were freaking out thinking maybe they didn't have them this summer! I have about 4-5 pairs of these but it's like a sickness.. I keep stocking up! These and toilet paper.. I have issues. Soo.. I bought some. Next stop- best + less- sweet FA. Vinnies- Helloooo! I bought a black silk pussy cat bow blouse for $4 and some peachy lacey gloves (YES YES YES) for $3. Now notes on the gloves; they are tiny. they are tiny. they are tiny. they are not 100% what I want. they will do me for now. I then popped into another oppie shoppie and bought a knit. now I think maybe someone local knits these coz there were a few things in the shop in the same wool, no tags. It is like a short sleeved knitted long top/sweater dress. It is white wool with baby pastels flecked through it. So cute and trashy and cute. Will be worn with leggings and boots. and a biker jacket to toughen it up. This sucks. I can think of tonnes of winter outfits. it is still summer. I am so boring atm as you can see from todays outfit. ho bloody hum. I also popped passsed good old savers and nabbed a flannie for husband for some bogan party we are attending and a brown 3/4 sleeved lacy top-for-under-pencil-skirts and a white cropped-ish sparkly cardi. OH OH and there was a second hand book shop in ballarat and i bought fifteen at last by candice randsom and winter dreams, a sweet dreams book- oohh ooohhh OOOHHH! So yeah, my day was ok. hmmph.
note; have a real craving for things to be like they used to.. like when speeds shoes was around and opposite big w at the hub and we used to go to mutti's for breakfast.. wanna be 12 again!
note; 2 kittens gone, 1 to go.. to homes i mean, lol




No comments: