Sunday, March 22, 2009

not the best idea.. but happy ending anyway!

noo idea why I am smiling?
gladiators- target
ribbed leggings- big w
ruffley black halter- big w
oatmeal vest- best + less
fucked up frizzled burnt hair- alllllll me baby

okaayyy..
perhaps i should have stopped with stripping my hair.
perhaps i should have stopped with one hour long application of 30 vol peroxide. on already dyed hair.
noo.. i had to do two.
then, why was my hair disintergrating? OMFG SERIOUS. My hair has NEVER broken. This time- holy crap.
a) the left hand side near my face literally sizzled up. I would slide my fingers down the hair and it would break in my fingers.
b) it was so porous it was retaining all water and took 3 hours to dry
c) it was sticky and gummy.
I was seriously thinking- HOLY CRAP!!!
Soo.. I coudn't sleep. (its sunday nite, haven't slept since friday nite) in case the hair rubbed against my pillow and broke more. So i googled what to do, found not a lot, cried, and planned to buy a wig today.
This morning around 9am I called mumsy who told me to call kelly her hd. kelly was awesome and told me to come in at 12pm. 5 hours and $300 dollars later, I have hair still. Cropped. WAY cropped, but kinda awesome. She didnt have to go this short but I was like- you know what? CUT IT HEY?! I need a change (maybe because a certain someone never liked short hair on me?) She also bleached it some more, safely, and then toned it to a caramel/mocha. I will go back in 4 weeks for her to redo that colour as it will fade to the yellow/copper/orange blonde underneath but maybe in a month or two my haor will be strong enough to have blonde foils on top of the caramel. Which is totally my ideal colour. So am kinda happy hey! I also stocked up on matrix strengthening shampoo and conditioner and a redken anti snap leave in condit. Here are my new hair ruled so my hair is build back up again.. coz even thou she did a great job.. its still frizzled and a bit gummy.
a) wash every second day. with this length, should be easy.
b) use the matrix and redken crapoli c) do not colour my own hair. EVER AGAIN. haha

sad burnt crispy hair.. on way to the HD

After the HD- tired but happy, cropped caramel (lighting makes it look really ash)








2 comments:

Deborah-lee said...

Oh dear! When I first saw the pic of you in the car on the way to the hairdresser I thought you must have posted a picture of your mum! It's amazing how hair can make our look isn't it? I'm glad that you got such a nice cut and colour, even if it did cost a fortune in the end! I learnt a long time ago that it was better to go to the hairdresser as my hair either ended up some bleached mess from the peroxides in the home dyes (even though I was going a copper colour!) or else it would end up black.

Ironically my Word Verification is "Knots" .. so to do with hair! Also I had my hair cut today .. and the hairdresser actually had to comb out a heap of knots! I'm afraid I never brush my hair.

Pauline said...

I think you look great in your new hair style. There's always something good that comes with the bad, and isn't it funny how sometime's we need something that awful and stressful happen to us so we get a kick in the butt and go for a change.