Thursday, March 5, 2009

gray is the new old:(




OK. Yes, double post I know.
Something happened this afternoon and I need to touch on it as its a bit of a tragic milestone.
You know how I posted about my gross hair + regrowth? Well. this afternoon some PRICK at work goes to me (AFTER insulting my red boots, more on that later) "You need to do your regrowth- + you have a gray!"
I laughed, "No I don't. It's my poxy light wee coloured hair against the black, looks ashy and gray."
"ahh no," he retorted. "Gray." he peared over me. "A few actually"
How embarrassment. I went upstairs and looked in the mirror in the toilet. I found it. OMG. Stiff and white. and really short? I plucked it. took it back to my desk. And cried. and cried. and cried.
Serious! There is like four people in my office and they were like wtf? I was depressed until the girl at hairwarehouse tonight convinced me to keep my hair dark, to redo my roots and to be happy.
Yeah so this guy ALSO insulted my red boots. You know, at least I take fashion chances. I would rather take chances and screw up every now and then than not take chances! makes me more determined to dress for myself to be honest so there :P
Anyway, I had a nice night at the shops, thought I had better go as I am working stupid hours both saturday and sunday at the roat. I picked up some leggings for $10 from crossroads.. not sure if they are any good, have not tried them on yet. also bought a realllly nice brown knit vest (ha ha, yes another vest but a different one, a long baggy man style one) from Big W and also a cheap black fitted long sleeved tee for under things..
I was thinking before about that movie, Music + lyrics.. drew b was soo likeable in it and I LOVED her clothes especially the whole tights with shorts. I am so going to give this a try soon! Maybe on the weekend first.. see my inspirationa pics on top...





4 comments:

Pauline said...

What a jerk! Let's just face it, guys rarely knows anything about fashion anyway and apparently his mama didn't raise him well...
You are smashing as always!

Danielle said...

thank u xxx
i agree with you!

Unknown said...

No one should EVER insult red boots! Plus I'm swimming in grey hairs - my hairdresser calls them "sparklies" which has helped me embrace them. Poor baby - sounds like you had a pretty crappy day!
Hey... any pics of your red boots? You know my fascination with them!

Danielle said...

hi lilli, just saw your comment ha ha, yeah previous day to this is my red boots.. u have probably worked this out by now! ha ha