Tuesday, March 3, 2009

cold hard truths

OK Rightie oh.
Honesty and such time yeah?
Soul searching time, ha ha.
1- I am bored at work. What do I do? Leaving now might be crazy, because (thank u k rudd) we are in a bit of a pickley recession. But...
2- I am not 100% sure if I can have a baby. Well I can, but not sure if WE can. Staying at this job would be perfect if I was going to be a mother but if I want to focus on my career... hmm, not so good. Decisions
3- since husband is not going to be able to really inpregnate me naturally do we continue doing what we are doing now or try IVF? I did some investigation today, yes it is pricey but the rebate is pretty good. But will it work? Will it be stressful? More stressful than what we are doing now? Do I reallllly realllly want to be a mum, I mean, I am only 27 (yes that MAY be old to some but its young to me!!) lol
4- I really really really really want to be able to drive. Three day weekend this weekend. I AM going to learn!
5- I NEED to stop comfort eating. Losing weight and getting active MUST become a priority again. My skinnies are squishing my gut and I am NOT going up a size.
Hmm. Lotsa things to think about. I am going home tonight to clean my house, try not to swear and eat minimal crap.
Today was 19 degrees! I am going to be cold on my way home but woo hoo!! I got to wear a new top and skinnies but I kept with the not quite cold yet theme and wore my gladiators.
black tunic, with cream lace- big w
skinny jeans- big w
gladiators over skinnies (not intentional actually.. just happened as I was doing them up as I was running frantically out the door this morning) oh, not seen :-)

Trying to be cute, ha ha.
failing.
White/Cream tie up cardi- thrifted (crossroads)
My hair is soo gross at the moment. the regrowth has finally started to be really kinda noticable but I am not dying it. I want to see how long I can go without it!! These extensions but, yuk, they are getting matted. Could also be because its been over a week since I washed them, lol. My eye brows are like mats as well. Jeez, must add "more grooming" to my daily to do list!
















2 comments:

Daisy said...

Deep thoughts indeed!

Let me just say,

1. I would say hang in there for the moment with your job unless you've got something else to go to. Nobody really knows where this economy is taking us yet.

2. You can be a mother and have a career. But if you've got rec and/or mat. leave entitlements at your current job might be another good reason to hang onto it if you're seriously considering having a baby.

3. From what I've heard from others, IVF is really stressful, so you really do need to be ready for it. And at 27, you have a fair bit of time up your sleeve. I had my eldest child at 29 and my youngest at 36, and I can't honestly say there was any difference in how I coped (physically or emotionally) at either age.

4. If I can learn to drive, anyone can!

5. Go you on the fitness thing. Maybe you'll motivate me!

Danielle said...

ohh thank you frumpy xxxx
i think i think too much sometimes and i get my fingers to a keyboard or my pen to paper and I experience severe word vomit so thank u for reading and thank u for your opinions. i like opinions!