Monday, April 13, 2009

happy easter

is it wrong to pose with someone's headstone? not if it features jesus!!

my easter weekend rocked.
thursday night- shop shopp shopppie. Bought a black 3/4 sleeve tee with a silver grey fringed scarf from big w... a really hot white empire line lacey top and a black sleeveless hooded knit vest from crossroad.
good friday- a casual affair. sleeping in. hot cross buns. mum coming over to hang with me while i (we?) cleaned the house. made a cheesecake and some dyed boiled eggs in the evening.
saturday- more shopping. picked me up some new harem pants from crossroad (will wear tomorrow) and a charcoal cable knit short sleeve top to wear over stuff. also bought a new faux d+g beige bag. and some mascara and the like. Then went to work at the roast. was pretty dead. yay.
easter sunday- woke early, hid husbands egg under my jumper ha ha... packed up the esky and went to our easter sunday family picnic. was awesome. not too many came (eg, my mum and 1 of my aunties had to work, my grandfather went AWOL (think he was having a dirty weekend with his girlfriend eww) and one of my sisters and one of my brothers and family i don't really like so I didn't invite. I can do that :-) )but still, got to see my awesome sister + bro that I love and their equally awesome other halves and my four awesome nieces Maddie, Chloe, Jess and Emma.. i then worked at the roast with mummy that evening.. on easter sunday, yuck.

long sleeve stretch grey tee- kmart
black cable knit hooded vest- crossroads
black rib leggings- big w
scarf- big w
boots- big w
I think its cool that Nat and I organised easter this year.. we stopped doing it for a while because our grandmother mutti passed away on easter sunday about 7 years ago.. but when we were kids we would go every year and there used to be soo many of us that went it was crazy.. our family is still huge and as I am technically a wog (lol) family is really important to me and to my family so we make the effort, but when Mutti died, we did cease a lot of family togetherness.. and I think it is sad. But as Nat and I are married (well I am and she will be soon too) and we will be having kids (s) soonish we want to instill some of the old tradition.
Cape Shanck is a really magical place too.. i love the trees and the pine needles and pine cones and the beach so close by and everything. We even considered getting married there. I love it. I am going to go back one weekend with the kids I think xx
anyway, happy easter all... hope it was a good one.

me and my husband xx look at the autumn sun peaking out from the tall pine trees.. magic xx



ohh.. why was I posing with a jesus headstone? i don't randomly visit graveyards I was visiting my grandma for easter of course :-)




No comments: