Monday, April 13, 2009

arabian nights

ok.. so its not reeaalllly very arabian night-ey but anywho.

I love love love these pants. I ummed and ahhed over what to pair them with. You know I hate wearing short tops unless I tuck in and do the high waisted thing (and beleive me, these pants are severely high waisted!! buttt.. I cannot yet do high waisted tucked in pants) but I thought a long top with the pants wouldn't suit. I tried to google what to wear with them but all i got was- if you are fat, don't wear them, lol. and you know that is like waving a red flag in front of a bull for me.

I tried on a beige 3/4 sleeve short top with some lace on the neckline- I usually wear this with black tights + a high waisted skirt. It looked good but I thought it best to start the life of these pants off with black + black + beige jacket/cardi.

It is a lovely 27 degree sunny day. And i am liking it because I know this will be one of (if not the last) the last sunny days this season. Its making me feel very nostalgic. This is what I am thinking;
Dolly fiction novels
summer high school days mid 90's
old school bh90210 (why does everything remind me of this? lol)
summer camping echuca, ski boats, grog, camp fires
me and nat version 1.0, hanging out in our southern 80 tee-shirts, bad hair, frosted pink lips, going to Brashes ha ha.

in other news;
i am a ranga.
i cannot wait for melroseplace 2.0
i feel verrry transitional.. scary. when i feel like this we move house or i get a new job or something, lol

well.. i'm off to google houses to rent, ha ha (kidding!)


what a nice happy lush day!
glads- target
harem pant- crossroads
black low cut fitted tee with embroidered flowers on neckline- Deborah K (shut up, its probably meant to be a dress ha ha)
esme cardigan- thrifted, savers
faux Dolce Gabana baggie- some asian store
wooden beads- thrifted
crazy hair!


2 comments:

Deborah-lee said...

27 degrees? Wow, that's nice and toasty. I'm hoping for 24 degrees kind of days when I go to Queensland tomorrow. Once I get back I want it to be 18 degrees in Sydney. I so want to be doing layering and wearing tights and boots.


I love your necklace.. and you know what? That crazy hair really suits you. You would so suit that shaggy bob .. rock chick kind of style eg http://www.pageantry.org/magazine/features/2003/b03/images/summerhairb031.jpg

Danielle said...

thanks.. i kinda do like my hair lol