Thursday, January 22, 2009

Optimism

Black vee-neck embossed top- Millers
Leopard print cropped drawstring waist bolaro- Thrifted, Savers
ankle length pale skinny jeans- Thrifted, Savers
Black flat peep toes- Target

op·ti·mism
play_w2("O0102100")
(pt-mzm)
n.
1. A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation: "There is a touch of optimism in every worry about one's own moral cleanliness" Victoria Ocampo.
2. Philosophy
a. The doctrine, asserted by Leibnitz, that this world is the best of all possible worlds.
b. The belief that the universe is improving and that good will ultimately triumph over evil.

Yup, well this is me today. I HAVE to be happy. Have been SUCH a sad sack this week and I'm sick of it!
I have been let down once again this morning. But I kind of expected it. I know you shouldn't expect bad things and I hate these loons who say- "expect the worst and you will never be disapointed" because really, that is so untrue lol. But anyway....
I am keeping myself busy and not letting things get me down- I am in charge of my own destiny not anyone else! It just IRKS me (haha) people who you RELY on to do stuff because they SAY they can do it, they WANT to do it, the don't MIND doing it. And then they don't do it. "Sorry, xyz happened..." and YOU feel bad then because they are doing YOU a favour! GRRRRR!!!!
So anyway... I wanted to wear jeans today. Even though it was meant to be 30 degrees (I say MEANT as it is sunny out now but not 30 degrees) so I am wearing my ankle length faded skinnies. I like these. The hem is a little frayed and I like it :-) They are from Savers.
I am wearing the leopard print bolaro thingy I bought last night at savers, all freshly washed :-) I quite like it, I think it will be a wardrobe regular. I like interesting bolaro/vest-ey things over jeans and a block print top. Curled my hair last night tooooo...
Very excited re this long weekend.. need a rest! am going to have a big night out saturday night i think, spend the day at the beach sunday, and monday- am not sure yet?! Ahh the possibilities!!


No comments: