Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dream Diva Review

sleepy eyes, straightened semi clean hair and freshly waxed brows- i think she overwaxed a bit :-( I like a healthy brow

long top/short dress- Dreamdiva
Once again- a puppy in my pic! Photogenic animals I have!
I later put leggins on and shoes of course before going to work.., I think bare legged would be ok for weekends... not for work but!
Hi hi hi

Yesterday went well- they thought at one stage they weren’t going to be able to do Dad’s procedure as his blood might have been too thick and they might have been in danger of causing a stroke, but they shoved a camera down his throat and checked for clots, got the all clear, so proceeded.. and he came home same day, which is awesome J

While he was getting the hour long procedure done Mum and I popped out and went for a walk down Bridge Road- I haven’t been there for a while, I went there a bit when I was organising the wedding and managed to get-
My shoes from Betts- Very cheaply
My birdcage from some weird arse shop- Very cheaply
ABL’s shoes from Betts- Very cheaply
My bridesmaid dresses from Daniela’s- Not sooo cheaply

Was very helpful. I love Bridge Road.

So anyway, Mum and I popped into Dream Diva which is a new plus size shop- they mainly work online but have a store in Richmond. They had OK stuff, some of it was kinda boring and outdated. I mean, much more up to date than Autograph for example (not that THAT is hard hehe) but still. I did find something though. Because I have so so soo much clothes I refuse to buy something at the moment unless it realllly appeals to me and is different, you know? Or if it is a staple, then I really have to need it. But anyway I found this cute green dress and I think they were trying to fob it off as a top but it is sooo a dress (I like to wear things short, I couldn’t care less about being huge, and anyway, that is why god invented leggings) It really appealed because a) it wasn’t black b) it had short cute sleeves and c) it was cute and has pockets and buttons!
Sooo.. was a good $49 purchase I think :-)
Mum then bought me some very cute ¾ purple ribbed PJ pants with lace on the bottom- ABL thinks they are very Elizabethian and I need a corset to go with my “pantaloons” haha.
I must say this about the store however- they have reallllly cheap pj's out the front at the moment. My 3/4 pants were only $10 and they had heaps of different 3/4 PJ pants and cute PJ singlets and nighties- all between $10-15.
Another thing I liked was they had a rack down the back with damaged clothes- like a really cute formal black dress, all sequin-ey and strapp-ey. It had a broken zip and they were selling that (and other broken zipped/missing button/ripped lace ensembles) for $20! I thought that was great because the rrp of that dress was like 80 odd dollars and I remember being in citychic just after christmas for the boxing day sales and finding a really cute yellow and black slip dress that I wanted. It was marked down to $50 but had a broken zip and they said they wouldn't give me another discount so I didn't buy it because it didnt really seem like much of a bargain.. but $20 for a formalish black dress with a broken zipper is awesome I think!


Anyway, the dress is above as I am wearing it today.... what do you think?



3 comments:

Carrie Does Things said...

You look very sexy in this green dress!! And your hair are amazing - mine hair are very unruly :(

Le blog de Letilor said...

Hey , this dress is realy beautiful.I don't wear green but for you it is perfect.

Danielle said...

thanks guys! I am so in love with this dress xx