Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Heat is on... on the street...

Strappy tribal print dress (w/removable straps, handy! lol)- Big W
Black belt- Autograph
Tie up thongs- Target


Wowee, is it hot! It sure is, I say!
Last night I believe it got to a low of 26 degrees- Yuckola. I slept in very little with a ceiling fan on me and a pedestal fan- our house is HOT! We have aircon, but the unit is right at the back of the house and it seems to cool the house a little- but not much! I even relocated the cat and her kittens to the bathroom today as it's cooler, she moved herself and her brood from the laundry to the study last week, IDKY, she has a bit of a fixation with the study. Weirdo.
Well, as we are heading for a top of 39 degrees today and it was already 33 degrees at 8:15am when I left the house, I decided I HAD to dress for coolness not flattering-ness or fashion nessessarily haha- hence why I went for a cool cotton strappy-ish dress and thongs- all this extra hair sure is hot but it assists in hiding some back fat heheh- gotta love that!
Actually I kinda like this dress, it has straps that attach to the dress with hidden buttons so you can wear it with straps or strapless- how handy! - and it is just a $15 Big W job! I have really hated their dresses this season- in the plus size wear anyway. They look nice on the racks or catalogue but on me they look like sacks- I kinda need to belt everything otherwise I look like I have no waist. I know they had maxi dresses there too a while back and I tried one on but it was that baby doll/empire line style where the top bodice is ruched and then flows, this style looks awful on me. I can do the straight across style neckline but only if the bodice is not ruched- I look pregnant if it is ruched. I bought a maxi from Target when I went shopping with Mumsy last week and OMG it is the best style for me- wore it out to lunch with a friend last week and I would have worn it to work today but I feel like it is way too dressy for this place :-) It is long, and watercoloured floral with thin straps (am also not a huge fan of a halter) it is empire line but has a cross over bodice (so is low and kind of deep) and then flows out- verrry flattering and verrry cheap at only $55.
So anyway yeah, Big W, not impressed with your plus size frocks this summer! Last summer I bought a beautiful empire line knee length black floral strappy dress with cutesy pockets and I looove it- has a wide skirt with an underlayer too, very pretty. Some of the dresses in their "normal" wear are ok, and if it is a stretchy material I can usually work the size 16- I have a few and I actually have seen a maternity dress there I really like, I saw it early spring then it disapeared. I have noticed it again so I thought it would be discounted, I very excitedly skipped off to the price scanner and it still scanned at full price- $29.95, which is cheap as, but I was really looking for a bargain in this case because I am not sure how much I like the dress and how much wear I will get from it- It is black with tiny white stars all over, knee length, empire line, cap sleeved. Hmm. Not suuurrreee....

Anyway, if you are in melbourne, try not to overcook today! Stay cool :-) haha



No comments: