Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 what a year

I did a LOT in 2010.
I had a baby. I learnt to drive. I lost 30 kilos. I moved house.
without a doubt the biggest thing of 2010 was giving birth to my son. I wrote back in early 2009 about trying to get pregnant. My husband has had a vasectomy with his ex wife so we thought about a LOT of options before settling on IVF and we were so very lucky to get pregnant on our first cycle- it still feels very sureal to me- so this almost became a TTC blog but not quite. Part of the reason that I don't want anymore babies is because I don't um really want any lol and also because I feel we were so blessed on our first cycle I don't think we would be as lucky again- I don't see how! Anyway because of pregnancy was so special I think it takes precidence over things that happened 2010 lol.

I finished work Friday 30 April. I had an ultrasound booked that afternoon and they found that the baby was small. Very small. This wa such a shock to me, I had no idea, the doctors all told me he was a great size all throughout the pregnancy. I was so stressed, this compltely ruined the end of my pregnancy. I thought my baby was going to die. I had never heard of IUGR before. To help matters NOT i had a full house that weekend with my step kids and inlaws. The next day I made Geoff take me to Monash as I was just too stressed and I had pregnancy hypertension as well so I didn't think stressing was good. They hooked me up and said the heart beat was perfect! I thought I was going home and told geoff we were getting KFC on the way home, I was starving! Then a male doctor came in and said he had seen the ultrasound measurements and wasn't too happy. I got an internal where he told me I was already 1cm dilated and that there was a chance I was being induced in the morning. I shat myself, cried etc etc. Called mum. Spent a stressful night at Monash. The next morning they were still umming and ahhing but I was in the middle of breakfast when a doctor came to me and said- come on, we are going to start inducing you at noon! Mum and Dad arrived, geoff arrived. pain occured. at 6:59pm my little boy was born. He spent a few days in the nursery, because of his small size (2.2 kilos) he was unable to stay warm and had low blood sugars. He is now a whooping chubby healthy 8 month old boy. Ahh.. life is great!

Me, early Jan i think. maybe 21-22 weeks pregnant.
Getting ready for baby- at the old house lol
rJanuary 2010- we thought we were having a girl! I was a little bummed actually! I had a feeling he was a boy but and was confirmed about March.
me on the way to my second diabetes test- I passed! LOL
oThe completed drawers my husband stripped and painted.
23/3/2010, my husbands birthday. We ate a lovely dinner then went to 4d Bond imaging and saw our little man xxx
one of my last days at work. I finished work on the friday and delivered on the sunday so I was only a few days of giving birth here. Felt very huge.
fat and unglamourous! Me waiting to be hooked up to the drip to induce labour. I gave birth at exactly 37 weeks. soo much pain occured in this room lol
William John Green, a few minutes old
Billy in special care, one day old.
our little boy, not quite a week old- in his 00000 clothes LOL. Now he is a such a chubba!

No comments: