Tuesday, December 21, 2010

City Chic, I am breaking up with you

I am not posting a pic. tonight i want to.. talk. lol
scared?

I just wanted to say how great it feels to start to fit into straight lines in clothes. It started a month or two back when I fit into a size 16 dress from Brown Sugar. yay. Then an xxl jayjays. Now Fusion by target xl which is a 16 I fink. Its a start you know? Because I am WELL AWARE the world is ALLL about FA right now.. umm fat acceptance. But I am not all about it within myself. I'm all about it in the aspect of NO ONE should be made to feel interior because of their weight and really, I was rocking FA when no one knew what the words F and A stood for.. apart from maybe fat arse. But nope, I am not happy within myself being fat. I have lost coming up to 30 kg's since May this year and by May next year I hope to have that above 50 kilos and to be close to my end goal weight.
OK, that aside, it will be great to NEVER have to worry about fatty clothes EVER again. I tell you right now, if CITY SHIT do not have a decent boxing day sale occuring then they will have lost me forever. They are dangling dangerously at the mo as is.
So I am doing some work at a fairly prominent melbourne shopping mall at the mo and EVERYWHERE has sales! Its like i dont even have to wait till boxing day. Crossroads, 50% off storewide. Autograph, the same. Target and kmart have sales galore. ALL except silly old city shit. I walk in every 2-3 days and walk out again. And the store is EMPTY. do they think we are fat AND stupid? Look, their clothes are great! NOT the same as straight line stores, I still find 80% of City Chic's clothes tacky but some stuff is awesome- and overpriced to the max. And some of their trends are severely dubious. The tribal, all good. The miami heat?? errmm not to good. I wasn't aware Ed Hardy knockoffs were in.
This link shows a dress i adore.
http://www.citychic.com.au/DENIM-ROSE-DRESS-.aspx?p15729

I bought a similar dress from Torrid for like $20 aus dollars.
There are dime a dozen dresses like this in Glassons (I fit their size 16 dresses, just- AND i'm a LARGE in city chic UMM GO FIGURE) Cotton On etc.

City Chic wake up. You are not designer. You are not good quality. You are a fat girls valley girl so start flashing me $24.95 price tags goddamn it. Get rid of the sequined shit and bring me some skinny cargos, some tribal print pants. Get rid of the outdated strapless fat girls best friend NOT dresses. Your shoes look like tranny shoes. And i am NOT going to be nice to you in the hope that u will send me overpriced, thread hanging SHIT to review. Good day.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Best rant evah!! And I agree with all my heart...city shit, hahahaha.
I'm a size 16 but being short most peeps take me for bigger, whatever, that's their shit they need to deal with. I'm all for FA, we all have and deserve the right to be accepted for who we are, we all have the right to wear whatever we want whether we're skinny or size 30 or...you get the picture and I know you agree. I don't believe in body shaming, or saying one person's figure is more "real" than another....we're alive, therefore we are "real". But like you, I'm not happy being fat and I'm not happy being taken advantage of by retailers thinking fat=stupid. Being short and fat is very hard because apparently fat people are also 6 feet tall...I didn't get the memo about that one....skinny jeans I love but if I have to chop 2 feet off them, why bother. I loathe all the bling and cheap embellishments that just seem to scream "Hello, I'm fat and here I am!!!" Tranny shoes!! Hahahah, don't even get me started.
You are all kinds of awesome and your humour...love it!! I'm hoping to get to a size 14 soon and I'd be happy to stay there. I was a 12 all my adult life till the last few yrs...went to a 18 and now to a 16. 3 babies have a way of messing up your body if you already struggle. Add to that polycystic ovaries and it's hard, but I can do it!!!
Cheers and Happy 2011.

Danielle said...

Of course u can do it! I am hoping to get to a size 14 too!
I went to City Chic yesterday for their sale and yes.. I AM breaking up with them. They suck. Their clothes are soo tragic and bogan. Only good thing was that I hadn't tried their clothes on for ages and I took XL and L's into the change room and they swam on me! The ONE item I bought was a small! WOOO!!!! Thanks for ur comment and happy 2011 to you too!!!!!